LAKE & VOLUSIA COUNTIES
Facilitate communication for students who are deaf or hard of hearing in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade programs using American Sign Language (ASL) and English.
- Providing interpreting services for students who are deaf or hard of hearing as specified in each student’s Individual Educational Program (IEP) using the appropriate mode of communication.
- Function as a liaison between students with hearing disabilities and teachers/administrators.
- Ability to adapt to a changing and fast-paced environment.
- Be prompt and prepare for each interpreting activity.
- Fully comply with the school and CCI Group requirements.
- Ability to assist a bus driver with the loading, unloading and monitoring of the students with disabilities while on the bus, may be required.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to complete additional and other duties as assigned
Knowledge and abilities:
- Fluent in ASL and spoken English
- Educational experience preferred.
- BEI and/or National Certification and/ or EIPA 3.0+ preferred but not required in Florida
- You must adhere to the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct.
- Ability to follow direction and to work as a team member.
- Interpreting skills are subject to a screening process.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Ensure compliance with Board and rules and applicable federal laws and regulations.
- Actively participate in professional conferences and in-service training.
The above description of the job has been designed to stipulate the general nature and level of work executed by interpreters within this classification. It is not outlined to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the interpreters for this job. Interpreters are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the duties and tasks requested by their supervisors.